May 6, 2019
AAM-Getty International Program
The AAM-Getty International Program is a professional growth opportunity that provides financial support to non-U.S. museum professionals to attend the AAM Annual Meeting and MuseumExpo.
The Review Committee reads applications and selects the most qualified applicants from a talented and diverse pool of museum colleagues.
Selected participants receive:
- Complimentary conference registration
- Travel stipend for airfare and per diem
- Up to six nights complimentary lodging at official host conference hotel
- Orientation session exclusively for international program participants
- Invitation to the AAM-Getty International Program Breakfast and Global Leadership Reception
- Participation in exclusive on-site Leadership and Career Management workshop (May 6)
In addition, Participants will also receive:
- One year complimentary professional membership in AAM
- Access to many career resources
- Eligibility to join and participate in Professional Networks
- Complimentary copy of the publication A Life in Museums; Managing Your Museum Career
Applications for the 2017 AAM Annual Meeting are due on Monday, January 30, 2017.
Non-US professionals currently working in museums may apply for the AAM-Getty International Program. Individuals must work in an art museum or work with art collections in a museum in countries with developing or emerging economies. Individuals who have not previously participated in the AAM-Getty International Program will be given preference.
Requirements of Program Participants
- Participants are required to attend the entire Annual Meeting, AAM-Getty International Program Orientation, AAM-Getty International Program Breakfast and Leadership and Career Management workshop.
- Participants are expected to stay in the AAM officially designated hotel.
Program Participants are also strongly encouraged to join in the following educational and networking activities:
- New Member Orientation session
- First-Time Attendees Welcome session
- General Sessions
- Emerging Innovators Forum
- Professional Networks Marketplace of Ideas
After the conference, AAM-Getty International Program Participants are required to submit an evaluation survey on their Annual Meeting experience.
How to Apply
Applicants submit their application via an online process. Individuals are encouraged to compile their application materials before starting the online process. Applicants will not be able to save and return to complete their application later. The Review Committee will not consider incomplete or late applications.