August 18, 2022
Prague 2022 and ICME members Conference
Dear ICME Members,
For the first time in three years, the ICME community will finally meet in presence and online next week, in the beautiful city of Prague, Czechia.
It will be the first HYBRID ICOM General Conference in the history of ICOM. We are very excited. We will have a joint meeting with three ICOM committees – UMAC, NATHIST, and ICR:
on Tuesday, August 22nd from 16:00 –18:00
Session 1: The Power of Museums / Inclusion / (Block A)
on Wednesday, August 23rd:
Session 2: The Power of Museums / Sustainable Development Goals/ (Block B) 14:30 – 16:00 and
Session 3: The Power of Museums / Authority and Networks/ (Block C) 16:30 – 18:00.
ICME will also have a day Off-site meeting on Thursday, August 25th from 9:00 – 18:00.
ICME Post-Conference tour: There’s no time to feel blue: Cultural traditions of the Moravian Slovakia region; Blueprint dyeing, folk dance and folk costumes (2-day excursion).
More info you can get at the info desk in the Congress Center or https://icme.mini.icom.museum/conferences/annual-conference/
While ICME is looking forward to Prague, organizational and logistics limitations led ICOM to recommend International committees host their 2022 general meetings and elections of the new boards in the second half of 2022. ICME made a call for the new ICME board on July 22nd 2022:
Dear ICME MEMBERS,
usually, the new ICME board elections are held at the ICOM General conference, but this year is going to be different. According to the instructions and the request of the organizers of the ICOM General Conference, the international ICOM committees should not hold the elections in Prague, but separately, due to technical difficulties. The ICOM General Conference in Prague will take place in a hybrid manner. The ICME Board has decided to hold elections for the new ICME Board also in a hybrid format, namely at the ICME Conference, “The Power of Museums”, which will be held in cooperation with ICOM Arab and ICOM Tunisia on November 28, 29 and 30, 2022 in the city of Tunis. Following the ICME Statute, we are sending you today, July 22, 2022, a call for candidates (Chairperson and board members).
Short biographies of candidates should be sent by September 15th to ICME Secretary Ms Rema Zeynalova (email@example.com) and the ICME president Mr Ralf Čeplak Mencin (firstname.lastname@example.org ).
Section 9: Elections
- Elections shall be held every third year, normally during the ICOM Triennial Conference. A call for candidates (Chairperson and board members) shall be sent to all members at least four months in advance. Members (as identified in Section 4, para. 8) are eligible to stand for election.
- Two months before the election short biographies of candidates should be sent to all ICME members.
- If members are not able to attend the General Meeting in person, proxy voting forms shall be sent with a list of candidates and each proxy will be vested in another ICME member who can attend.
- The Chairperson shall be elected before the other members of the Board. The Chairperson and the other members of the Board shall be elected for three years, and their mandate can be renewed once. A member of the Board may subsequently be elected Chairperson. However, no one may remain on the Board for more than twelve consecutive years.
- The newly elected Chairperson and the new members of the Board shall choose among themselves specific functions such as Secretary, Treasurer, Newsletter Editor and Webmaster.
- The Chairperson or Board members of ICME may not serve in another elected or appointed position in ICOM unless authorized by the Executive Council.
On behalf of the ICME Board, I look forward to seeing you in Prague or Tunis.
Ralf Čeplak Mencin